Saturday, May 10, 2014

70th Birthday Card













I thought and I thought and then I thought some more........
this is what I came up with in the end for a special,
yet easy enough to make, 70th birthday card. 
I like it well enough, but I really wanted to make something
 more special for my father. Things didn't work out
this week (as if I hadn't known this milestone
birthday was coming up for some time,
I should have already had a card made !)
to spend much time in the craft dungeon
working an a more elaborate card. 


Supplies used from Stampin' Up!:
Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla card stocks
Happy Birthday rubber stamp, Morning Meadow stamp set
Apothecary Accents die
7 0 , part of Typeset (?) alphabet die set
Lattice embossing folder
inks and sponge
hand cut "flags" and "banner"
paper piercer
mini glue dots
Tombow Two Way glue

deocarative papers, American Crafts and 
bought from Big Lots a couple of years ago.
I popped in our local store the other day, first time in a while,
and was sad to see that they have gotten rid of the crafts isle!
I bought so many things there over the years..... bummer. 


chipboard, die cut and layered under the decorative paper 7 0 
red acrylic paint, to paint the edges of the chipboard


Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. This is such a great card! I love the pattern banners paired with the 'happy birthday' banner!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)