Sunday, May 25, 2014

Classic Convertibles Patriotic Cards




These two cards were going to be used for the 
Then I decided I didn't really like them well enough, 
they didn't have enough of a "wow" factor for a blog hop.
I think if I would have added black behind the color layers, 
I would have liked them better. 

 I used sketch #20 at Operation Write Home.

The stamp images are an old set from Stampin' Up!, Classic Convertibles
(one of the few sets I'll never part with !!!)
I water colored them with classic inks on water color paper.
They were stamped with Black Stazon ink.
Stars (Cuttlebug) and Stripes (Stampin' Up!) embossing folders
Poppy Parade and Brilliant Blue card stocks

Thanks for looking 
and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend =) 

3 comments:

  1. I agree that a black layer behind the color blocks would be nice. Layers are always nice. Love the cars! From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun, colorful, masculine cards! The water coloring is awesome! http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/2014/05/owh-memorial-day-blog-hop-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love those cars!! I agree with the black matting-would really make this sharp!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)