Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pink Thunderbird Card




The Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home this week is to use Pink and Gray.
I knew right away that I wanted to use a pink Thunderbird car image to work with for this challenge for something fun and different.  I'm not too thrilled with the outcome though - it would have been better with black layers, but I avoided black to stick to the challenge more closely (black is allowed).

Classic Convertibles stamp set by Stampin' Up! stamped and colored on water color paper.
Highways and Byways stamp set by Stampin' Up! stamped with Versamark ink on pink card stock.
Gray card stock was run through a Diamond Plate embossing folder by Darice.
Scrap of shimmery silver paper behind pink grosgrain and gray satin ribbons.

Thanks for looking =)

6 comments:

  1. I hear the song playing in my mind! That is a pink card that a guy might appreciate. Great use of textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool classy card design for a masculine card or a feminine one. Love the embossing folders you chose for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink card and the accent of the ribbon. It makes me think of that song by Bruce Springsteen, "Pink Cadillac."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with a fun image! Who doesn't like a pink T-bird? Great idea to pair these colors with a cool car from yesteryear! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the pink and gray! Not quite as 'girly' as one would expect!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)