Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Car"ma and Clearance Item Score

OOPS! This was an old post I never published in late May!



Soooooooooo, I placed a large order through the new Michaels.com website recently. Our nearest store is nearly an hours drive so needless to say , I rarely go. It never fails that when I do, what I am looking for is not there. Not worth my time and especially not worth wasting 5 gallons of gas at nearly $4 a gallon on the trip because even if I had coupons and there was a great sale, the cost of fuel my vehicle uses eats up any savings.

Anyway, I decided to give the new online ordering a try (disappointed in the selection right now) since I knew if there was a problem, it could be taken back at the expense of my wasted fuel and time. The order arrived in a timely manner, however there were issues with some items.

I took them back to the store for an exchange, only to find out that of course they did not have enough of what I needed and two of the items were in worse shape than what I was returning. Maybe I was being nit picky in the first place, but I didn't think that the "leather look" photo albums I ordered (I ordered 8 of them) should have any issues, especially for the price. Half of them had cuts along the edges of the covers, possibly from someone opening a box and cutting too deeply, slicing across the edges of the albums. Another had cracked "leather" in the corners of the front photo frame.

So what does all of this have to do with the title of my post ? Well, I decided I would sneak out the new to us Mustang to drive. It does get better gas mileage than my Expedition after all, plus the Mustang hadn't been driven for quite some time.

It took me a half an hour to get it out of the garage since it was surrounded by stuff, then I had to wrestle with the garage door to open it (yeah, there is a reason hubby parked it on that side of the garage, to keep me out of it, ha ha ha).  And it's taking you a half hour to read this post, to get to title meaning ;)



Sitting at a stoplight, I saw the reflection and had to snap a photo


All was well during the drive, the car did great (I LOVE THAT CAR!). So here is the "Car"ma bit: I bashed my knee cap off of the steering column getting out of the car , boy did it smart !!!!!! It left a nice bruise and was kinda painful for a few days, too. So that is what I get for sneaking out the car ;)

Clearance ? Well, the trip to make the returns wasn't a total waste when I found these dies on clearance for $8.99 a set ! Yes, eight dollars and ninety nine cents per set!






Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow some great bargains! Nice car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why don't I ever find bargains like that at Michaels?!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)