Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sketch Challenge Card








My take on sketch #227 at
There are two variations of the sketch
and it is part of a blog hop.


Mine is a bit different than the sketch,
but follows the basic idea.
Rather than an extra strip of paper at the bottom
edge of the card/sketch, 
I chose to run my card base through a Texturz plate
then embossed a single line at the top of the
embossed polka dots the plate made.

I really should have stamped the red flower
on watercolor paper as the inks changed colors
to oranges on that white card stock
that was given to me. I at first thought
my inks were going bad, but have deduced 
that it is indeed the inks reacting with the 
white card stock for some reason.
The card stock was by Georgia Pacific
and my sister thinks she bought it at Walmart.



Supplies used:

Awesome fancy new to me Spellbinders die

Circle die, Nestabilities

Butterfly punch and Papillion Potpourri stamp image,
Field Flowers stamp set, inks and
polka dot Texturz plate, Stampin' Up!

Vanilla and white  card stocks 

sponge 

aquapainter

Hand cut banner


Thanks for looking =)

7 comments:

  1. Only you knew the color on the flowers was off - I think it's awesome. Love the embossed circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Heather! Gorgeous Nestie die and butterfly stamp/punch combo (I need that, lol). The colors really stand out against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color on the flower & butterfly, but that decorative circle die and all the neutral colors in the background, really make the images pop! This is just stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVE the fabulous dimension and the clean design! Thanks for joining our blog hop at Great Impressions/OWH! :) HUGS and enjoy the rest of your week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange or red, it is still beautiful! I love the detailed frame and your embossing at the bottom was such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossing that you did on the bottom. It really complements that gorgeous framed flower! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gorgeous die is perfect for showcasing that amazing flower! This is one beautiful card. Thanks for joining in our blog hop at Great Impressions & OWH!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)