Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cat and Dog Buddies Scrapbook Page



This is the second page in my 
Photo Of The Week 
scrapbook album I 
am slowly working on.
I sort of followed a sketch

The colors and papers are not my favorite, 
would not have been my first choice but they
are all I had on hand. They were bought at our
local Big Lots store years ago, no idea of the manufacturer.

The stripes and paw prints were trimmed from another patterned 
piece of paper in the set.
The ribbon was from my stash and matched perfectly !

The tag is punched with the new tag topper punch
from Stampin' Up!








Bow Wow stamp set from Stampin' Up!,
water colored with classic inks.
Circles die cut with Nestabilities dies.



Meow Meow stamp set from Stampin' Up!,
water colored with classic inks.
Circles die cut with Nestabilities dies.






Letters die cut with my old Cricut Create machine
and the Don Juan cartridge that came with it.
I really ought to invest in additional cartridges and 
use that machine more ! 




This was the first "fancy" page I made for the album. I had already put together a few simple pages on my own (I will be sharing them as well), but thought I needed inspiration to make some of them more special. I don't scrapbook, so I was having a tough time thinking of how to fill the 12 x 12 pages when only using one photo. I also didn't want to overwhelm the photo. A quick search online led me to http://www.pagemaps.com/pdfarchives.htm where I downloaded some of the sketches to help. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Yes - use that Cricut more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... Such a sweet page! I'm with you on using the cricut more often. I might have to clean the dust and Shadow hair off of mine!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)