Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ford V. Chevy Scrapbook Page


A work in progress page 
to show off another Photo Of The Week entry.

The checkered flag paper is really heavy and glossy.
It has Lightning McQueen from "Cars" on the back.
It was expensive paper, but the only checkered paper
 I could find. I do not like the way it "waves"
on this page, it isn't oriented correctly for me. 
I really wanted plain black and white checkered paper,
even drove nearly an hour away to check Michael's 
to look for what I wanted with no luck . 

The "ribbon" of speedometers/flames was trimmed from
another piece of racing scrapbook paper. I'll show the simple
page I made with the rest of the paper in tomorrows post.

I'll make a "tag" with the date on it to stick under the paper clip
and hand write (ugh, I dislike my writing....) the journaling
on the "file folder" tag that I made with the 
envelope punch board from Stampin' Up!

I'll  print out the ADRL logo and 
attach it to the page somewhere, too -
just waiting for the ink cartridges
for my printer to arrive at some point today ! 

The layout is loosely based on a sketch from
pagemaps.com 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use the checkered flag for this photo! I don't know that I've ever seen paper like that... Can't wait to see what you did with the rest!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)