Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hope Faith Believe Trust - card












I received some bad news yesterday: an uncle of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer. This is the card I made for him last night, a tough one to come up with, to send him our love and support as he begins his fight next week.


The stamp set is an old retired hostess set from Stampin' Up!, Nature's Secret. I believe the card stock is Marigold Morning, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede. The image is stamped on Vanilla card stock with two colors of ink: first the stamp was inked up with Dusty Durango then I rolled the edges in Really Rust.

I stamped it again onto drafting type vellum, trimmed out the butterfly (extending the one wing that was not a complete image, tracing the edge of where I cut with a marker) and adhered it on top along the body section. The wings were gently pulled upwards. I made antennae with really thin craft wire.

The swing portion was hand made. I simply laid the wood mounted rubber stamp down on top of the card stock over the score mark to the left (2 1/4" from the left edge) and lightly traced with pencil around the top, bottom and right edge of the stamp. The wood mount was much larger than the image so it made enough room when traced to allow for extra layers of the stamped image like I wanted. I then used an Xacto knife and straight edge to cut the areas that were to swing (the right half of the square). The second score mark was 4" from the left edge.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. I love this set you used too! What a nice card for a difficult reason.
    You rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card and a great way to show you care! We will keep him in our prayers!
    Finally getting around to visiting again-can't believe it's been a month!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)