Friday, July 18, 2014

Zebra Butterfly Scrapbook Page


Am I crazy for staying indoors working on my scrapbook pages ??????
Weather like this is unheard of in July here !!!!!

 I need get out in the flower beds to do some weeding today....
and wash/vacuum my car, etc, etc, etc. 
That being said, I'll probably not have any new projects to share
the next few days. 










Probably too busy of a page to show off this lovely photo I took of a zebra butterfly in my flower garden.
This was the second photo I submitted to our local newspaper as consideration for photo of the week -
and it was my first of several to be printed in black and white as an "Honorable Mention" photo ! The photo print for the newspaper will be on it's own page that I will include a bit of journaling on. It will be a plain white piece of card stock, nothing fancy - well, maybe a couple of stamped or die cut butterflies ;)


I used a sketch from pagemaps.com.  I actually already scrapped this photo digitally in My Digital Studio using a black card stock base and minimal embellishments , but realized when going through my large print order from May, I never had it printed !

Nearly every item used on this page came from Stampin' Up!, some are now retired though. Once again, in looking at the photo on the computer I see a couple of things I'd like to change.

I hand drew then hand cut the butterfly stencil (should have been larger, not much shows with my larger photo and all the "stuff" on the page!) from some old drafting vellum. I sponged ink through it then pierced around the edges.

Various dies, punches, embossing folders, rubber stamps,shades of purple and orange card stocks.

Ruffled ribbon was created by wrinkling it as I adhered it to a scrap strip of card stock with super sticky double stick tape. You could also use a sewing machine to gather the ribbon first before sticking it down on your project.

Thin craft wire and seed beads for the butterfly bodies/antennae.

Here is the pagemaps.com sketch. I had a "duh" moment while writing this post: why hadn't I copied and pasted the sketches I've used on previous projects in case any of you that may read my post would like to use it yourself ?





Thanks for looking =)









2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! This is one of my favorite photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO Heather. Thanks for the pagemaps sketch too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)