Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fresh From The Garden Tomatoes and Bruschetta Pizzas


(I meant to post this in late August!)











Just when the tomatoes started ripening,
horn worms feasted on my
tomato plants as well as the tomatoes themselves,
grrrrrrrrrrrr! I lost half of them.

We were then hit with a heat wave,
record setting high temperatures and no rain for a week
soon followed by sever storms then fall like weather.
No more tomatoes from my plants this year,
and there were soooooo many green ones on them still ! 

The 17 large tomatoes we did get were pretty tasty.
I had enough to share with my parents, too,
so that made me (and them!) happy.



The bruschetta pizza above is super simple to make,
the recipe was found on the back of a box of 
Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with  Garlic mix.
It is also online at their website, I'll share it below



BRUSCHETTA PIZZAS


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix [or Onion Soup Mix]
  • 2 cups seeded, chopped tomatoes
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 (12-in.) thin crust prebaked pizza crusts
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Savory Herb with Garlic or Onion Soup Mix, tomatoes and oil in medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
  2. Put crusts on baking sheets. Evenly top crusts with tomato mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella.
  3. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted and bubbling.
  • Tip: Don't have a pizza crust? Try using a loaf of crusty Italian bread.







1 comment:

  1. Ohhh... That looks yummy! We still have a few tomatoes here. I might have to make that!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)