Monday, September 15, 2014

Journal Cards for a Baby Scrapbook

All images from various stamp sets and wheels,
all now retired, and sold by Stampin' Up!

One of the projects I thought I was going to be able to do
while recuperating from surgery last month.
I had no idea that I used abdominal muscles
while rubber stamping !!!!
Seriously, my second week of recovery I thought I'd try
to stamp and color these "journal cards", 
but simply stamping pulled the surgical site, causing too much discomfort! 
I nearly finished them up the other day.
I have yet to color the baby animals quilt block
and I'll "shadow stamp"a square of pink ink on one 
and blue ink on the other cards with the saying.

The original plan was to make these then redo two old pocket photo albums,
removing some photos to make space to add these cards while I was laid up.
That never happened.................. oh well, maybe one day this winter
while I am cooped up in the house staying warm during the predicted
severe winter ;) I like winter - when it snows! 
I dislike the lack of sunlight.
This year I am planning on spending more time in the
craft dungeon with several daylight bulbs glowing,
working on photo albums while listening to music
in hopes of fending off the winter blues.
In the mean time, I need to get out and enjoy
these perfect fall days, soak up the sunshine and 
cool, crisp fall air !!!!!


Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute and what a great idea to do a quick 'update' on an old album!
    So am I hearing you say that stamping counts as exercise? I would much rather stamp than do crunches!!! Hope you are feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)