Sunday, September 28, 2014

Steampunked Scrapbook Pages







My first projects as a new member of the design team for Anything But A Card !

I admit that when I found out it was a Steampunk challenge, I was a bit worried, wondering what I had gotten myself into,  as I have nothing in my crafty stash that would work for that style. Then it came to me: look for digital scrapbooking components, surely there are some out there on the internet !

After a little bit of searching, I found an awesome kit that was perfect.
It is called Steampunk and is designed by Karry Dempsey at pixelscrapper.com.

I used My Memories Suite 5 digital design software to make my two projects.

I find it is easiest to use "outside" components, that means general digital kits by designers other than those at MyMemories.com (or Stampin' Up! if you are using My Digital Studio software) , by keeping them in a separate folder on my computer desktop. I only keep the folder/kit I am working with on the desktop at the time, making less items to search through.  It can be tricky at times doing it this way, such as if you want to use a paper as a background layer it will need to be inserted into a photo box or shape that covers the entire background since components that are not installed directly into the software won't pop up on the search in the software.


Take a moment to check out the other fantastic creations, not only by design team members, but fans that have submitted links to their creations at  anythingbutacard.blogspot.com

Thanks for looking =) 

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I love the layers of texture. AWESOME~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! these are great pieces Heather, you have really captured the Steampunk theme. Great to have you with us on the ABAC DT! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww Heather is this awesome... I just love every little steampunk detail ... and your sentiment is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! This looks SO 3D! Great job and I am thrilled to be your new teamie at ABAC :) ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these pages! Your train photos couldn't be more perfect for the steampunk theme!! I am so glad you are part of the ABAC team!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)