Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Thanks, Veterans Scrapbook Page



I finally made it down to the craft dungeon for a while the other day.
This was the first time I've spent much time down there since having surgery,
creating three fairly quick scrapbook pages.
I know I can't tug open heavy drawers and such just yet,
but I was able to get enough basics out to complete a couple
more scrapbook pages for my 
Photo Of The Week scrapbook album.
I have thirteen more pages to complete before it is finished.
It has been kind of fun, but I do think I prefer digital scrap booking ;)



On to the page featured today:
In 2012 I made nearly 100 hand made
Thank You cards 
to give to Veterans on an Honor Flight.
I took a photo of some of them,
as I always try to photograph my projects.
With Veteran's Day coming up,
I decided to submit one of those photos to
our local newspapers Photo Of The Week contest.
I was surprised that they chose it as one of
the "honorable mentions" to be printed in black and white.
This page is meant to show that photo off.








Closeup to show the layering of various paper punched stars
and the hand piercing around the stars. 
You can also see the subtle dry embossed wide lines.





I used the old Plaidmaker template from Stampin' Up!
(it was meant to be used as a stencil)
and an Empressor tool stylus to make the wide
dry embossed lines on lightweight 12 x 12 white paper.
The paper is what came in the sleeves of the scrapbook
I am using. Although it really is too light weight to 
make a nice page, I decided to use it anyway
because the lines would be easier
to emboss on it. I simply ran my thumb
along each groove, creating small indentations
where the stencil was which made it
easier then to go back over with the stylus.






Pagemaps.com sketch I used as inspiration




Thanks for looking =)


2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I love page maps and this turned out perfect.
    How awesome you made all those cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout! I love the embossed stripes and the layered stars! I remember when you made all of those!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)