Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cruisin' Into Town Scrapbook Page



Papers and map strip are from an old kit bought at Big Lots years ago,
Road Trip by American Traditional Designs.
NOT the colors I would have chosen,
but the streets background paper was fitting for the project
 as the car show I took the photo at is held on numerous
streets in the city. Neat , fun event. 

Brown grosgrain ribbon

Metallic silver card stock

Cricut Library fonts cartridge to cut out the title.
I am not happy with this, I should have known that
 the letters couldn't be welded together to make one long word
in my old Cricut Create machine. This was a new cartridge I
recently bought and it was the first time I used it. 
Also, although I used the heaviest pressure on this heavy weight card stock,
it still did not make a clean cut; I had to trim out every single letter by hand. 

I've barely used my Cricut in all the years I've had it.
I had more problems with it than success it seems.
Most notably, it doesn't cut cleanly through my card stock
and the right side of every single cut is not cut through at all.
Some sort of glitch in the machine as it cuts on that side ?
It was bought at Big Lots, maybe that is why they had those Create
machines years ago, there were problems with them ? 

Anyway, this is yet another page for my 
Photo of the Week scrapbook.
The photo was taken as classic cars were cruising into the 
downtown area for a car show that weekend. 
The photo, once again , printed out much darker than it looked
to me on my computer screen. I guess there must be
some sort of calibration I need done ?


Thanks for looking =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)