Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Deer Reflection Scrapbook Page





This is it, my final photo to be scrapped for my 
Photo Of The Week scrapbook album !!!!

After much indecision as to how I wanted to scrap this photo,
I decided to go super simple. 
I wanted to let one of my favorite photos (what a lucky shot!) show 
with no distractions. I've learned over these last few months of scrapping
my Photo of The Week submissions that I really do like the
"less is more" scrapping mentality, I put too much on some pages that 
distract from the photos. Also, as much as I liked putting my supplies to use
combining textures and being creative,  I'll admit that 
I prefer digital scrapbooking for numerous reasons ! 

I submitted this photo to our local newspaper to be considered as 
Photo Of The Week last summer.
It was taken last year during the historic flooding in our area.
I just happened to hear a "swish swish swish" sound of something
moving water, but couldn't see anything at first. 
I then caught a glimpse through the trees of a deer walking down the middle of our flooded road.
I rushed to grab my camera, but without thinking as I went out to the porch,
I let the door close a bit too loudly behind me, frightening it. 
I pressed the shutter button over and over, hoping to catch a photo of it
then got a bit worried as I realized it was headed my way, looking for dry land rather than
keep leaping through water. It ran across the yard and up onto our hillside.

Although my photo was not chosen,
a child jumping between two beds was,
making many of us scratch our heads as to who
chose the photo of the week and how,
my photo of this deer leaping out of flood waters
was printed in black and white as a sort of runner up.
I have the newspaper clipping and will scrap it on
a separate page along with some journaling.





How did I make this shadowbox" scrapbook page? 
I used corrugated card board (no idea how photo safe that is though!?)
to give the dimension to the page. I cut the center out of it
then used that piece, but trimmed down a bit, to mount the photo on
so it would pop back up to the height of the surrounding mat.
A little trick I learned decades ago when I was working in a frame shop.

The card stock is Early Espresso Textured Corednations by Stampin' Up!
I lightly sanded the edges to reveal the Kraft core.
The photo is mounted on Kraft card stock.
I decided to not add any words to this page.
They will all be on the opposite page that  
I feature the print from the newspaper on. 

Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. I love how you kept this super simple and the photo is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)