Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hunter's Moon / Blood Moon Eclipse

I did it, 
I finally got a couple okay shots of the full moon!
I was determined to try again this month
during the Hunter's Moon / Blood Moon eclipse.
There were many, many bad shots, too.
I tired various settings I read about 
as well as the preprogrammed settings
on my Nikon D5000 with Tamron 18-270mm lens
set up on a tripod (no remote shutter release). 
Just luck to get these few:


Full moon before going to bed.






Near total eclipse, low in the sky around 5:30 AM.







Leaving my house around 6:45 AM.
Lots of clutter in this shot, but it was the only safe spot along the road I could
pull over to see the moon above the bluffline.
The rest of the way it was hidden by taller bluffs and trees.





7 AM, I pulled in behind a local store that I was pretty
sure might have a good view since it was out in the 
middle of a large area of mostly flat land. 






This was taken on the opposite side of the sky from the setting moon
as the above shot. Sunrise.





I laid down on my back to try to take photos of the stars
when I was outside attempting to photograph the eclipsing moon.





Daybreak

2 comments:

  1. What kind of camera is that - these photos as GREAT! We had a terrific view of the moon - is was bright orange glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I wasn't wise enough to grab my camera as we sat outside and looked at the moon that day!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)