It became the perfect canvas for my first design team project,
although I was kicking around several other ideas.
You want to tear apart the
"silk" flower then reassemble it so that
the smaller petals will be on the top of
the fairy's skirt when you put it on her.
Also, you may want to flip the petals upside down.
I did this since they looked better that way.
Save the plastic center pieces for another project if
you wish, you will not need to reuse them for the fairy skirt.
Flower fairy supplies:
(I used the one that was on the decoration to begin with)
~two pipe cleaners
(I painted mine flesh colored, they were white to begin with)
~wood bead with hole drilled in bottom
~acrylic craft paints
~something for hair
(I used a type of floral supply)
~something for the top of the dress and something to tie it
(dyed corn shuck from my stash and raffia were used on my fairy)
Paint the wood bead and add facial features.
Fold one chenille stem/pipe cleaner in half.
Thread the folded end through the fairy's flower skirt.
Wrap the other chenille stem/pipe cleaner around the first in the area
you would like the arms to be.
Attach the item you are using for the dress bodice.
Shorten each stem as needed to make the length of arms and legs
you wish. Bend the ends over to help hide the sharp pointy ends.
Add a dab of glue then shove the fold of the legs chenille stem/pipe cleaner
into the hole of the wood bead.
I had planned on using skeleton leaves as wings for the fairy,
but they were too fragile. I have some tulle, somewhere.....
or perhaps this little fairy has no wings and is looking up
wishing she had wings like the beautiful butterfly has ?
Supplies used to make the card stock leaves
The saying was designed using My Digital Studio
then printed out on my home printer.
I hand trimmed the white part ,
used a coordinating die from Stampin' Up!
to cut the Kraft background piece.
The leaves were assembled using a low temp glue gun.
Supplies used to create the butterfly.
I really should have used black embossing powder
on the butterfly to make it pop more.
The black Stazon ink looks dull.
It was stamped and colored on a piece of
drafting weight vellum paper.
It is attached with a thin strip of clear acetate
and heavy duty double stick tape.
Before assembling with a low temp glue gun.
This could easily be swapped out
to make a spring/summer display if the
embellishment on the band is attached with velcro dots
or you make the band easily removable.
The fairy is just sitting on the stump , not glued in place,
so she could be changed out, too.
The butterfly is attached with a thin piece of acetate and