Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Cards - storebought!

 
Now that we have a new desktop computer up and running
(we were without for three weeks in December),
I can finally get back to posting to the blog.
There are several things I made last month I want to share
as well as some cards I received and a couple of photos I took.
 
 
This first card I am sharing was actually from a set of premade cards I bought for half price
after Christmas last year. I picked up 4 packages of them for $4 a package (6 cards per pkg).
They looked like something I could have handmade myself:
real buttons, bakers twine, die cut pieces, pop dots on a kraft card stock base.
 
I did cut and stamp cream pieces of paper for the inside since they were blank.
I used a Stampin' Around holly print wheel and a sentiment stamp with
Handsome Hunter and Real Red inks.
I also stamped the envelope with the same wheel and green ink.
 
I didn't mind that they were bulky cards since I was giving them out in person,
no postage required.
 
Some of the cards I did need to mail so I removed the buttons and pop dots,
trying to make them more mail friendly so as not to require extra postage.
In place of the buttons, I used red glitter glue.
 
These premade cards have a nice design, one I hope to remember and put to use
in the future.
 
 
Thanks for looking =)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)