Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Classic Convertibles 70th Birthday Card

 
 
 
When I was talking with my mom yesterday,
she mentioned that it was the 70th birthday of one of my uncles
last week. I made this special card for the Chevy lover :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The image (Classic Convertibles from Stampin' Up!, retired)
was stamped with waterproof black ink on watercolor paper.
 
Mask off the edges of the paper
with removable sticky note paper
before coloring to create a sort of faux photo look.
TIP: hold it up to a light source to help get the
edges straight.
 
Water colored and sponged with classic inks,
chrome details done with a Signo pen.
 
 


Mounted to a diamond plate (by Darice) embossed background
 with old photo mounts.
 
The highway sign was created by doing quite a bit of altering of an image
 that was purchased with a digital scrapbook program.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)