Monday, January 12, 2015

OWH ODBD Challenge January




 



I created this card for the current Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge at
It is also a sort of
"Thank You"
nod to Our Daily Bread Designs for sponsoring this challenge !

When there are 25 entries to the challenge, ODBD
will sponsor one box of cards from
Operation Write Home to be mailed to our heroes.
If there are 50 entries, two boxes will be sponsored.
As if that isn't enough, this wonderful company also
gives away a $15 gift certificate to a randomly chosen winner.
I was lucky enough to be one of two winners for the November challenge
to make a card with hearts on it (see my card here).

I wasn't sure what stamp set to choose...........
There is a really fun monster truck set I had my eye on
and sentiments are always useful, but this is the one
I ended up choosing in the end as I always loved 
sledding on my old Flexible Flyer as a kid !


I attempted to make it have more of a  "patriotic", 
or any time during the winter feel,
 rather than a Christmas feel since the holiday is now past.

The image was stamped in black ink then water colored in
using ink from my ink pads and an aquapainter.
I layered it on Brilliant Blue card stock.

I used white acrylic craft paint for the snow details.
Leaving the card stock white wasn't white, snowy enough for my liking.
I do have some snow texture medium, but it was too chunky for this image.

The snowflake embossing folder used on the smaller front panel
 was from Stampin' Up! as are the sentiment
and Word Window (trimmed) paper punch. 

The red and white "Baker's twine" wrapped around the snowflake embossed panel
came from the Dollar Spot at Target last year.



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Love the patriotic feel. CONGRATS for winning!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)