Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Heart "Tunnel" Card


 I'm really not sure what to call this type of card.
It was fun figuring out how to make.
I really like the simplicity yet wow-ness of it ! 
Inspired by an accordion card at BHG.com (see bottom of post)


Here's how I did it:


Start with a piece of card stock that is 12" long by 5 1/4" tall.
Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10" on the long side.
Alternate mountain and valley folds to create
two sides that fold in onto the center panel, meeting in the center.
The finished card is 4" wide by 5 1/4" tall, perfect size to add
an additional back mat of a different color if you'd like. 












I traced the OUTSIDE edge of a Framelits die
then carefully cut around the pencil lines.
The die was then used to cut out the heart shape
from red card stock to go in the center of the cut out portion.
I did it this way since I don't have two heart shape dies
close in size plus I think it would be easier
to get the centers of the two halves to match
up better this way rather than trying to die cut 
the two halves of the front separately. 






I used white embossing powder on the red heart.
The edges of the heart were sponged with ink, too. 






Side view when folded.



Thanks for looking =) 
Stop back by tomorrow to see the fun card I made
using one of the hearts that was cut out from the side.
















This is the card that inspired mine and the included instructions.
"Make the Heart Accordian Valentine's Day card: Print the template onto plain paper and cut out. On a piece of cardstock, draw and cut out a 5-1/2x12-inch rectangle. Fold accordion-style along the short side (as indicated by the dotted lines). You should have six sections. Place the template on the folded paper with the open side of the heart over the top fold. Trace heart and cut out. On contrasting paper, trace a heart that's slightly larger all around. Glue to the back of the center heart on your accordion."

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific! I love the fun fold and your tip on tracing the heart onto both sides is great! I agree that it would have stressed me out to try to line them up!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)