Monday, February 9, 2015

Paper Punch Cat and Dog Cards



 at Operation Write Home is
to make cards with animals on them.

This challenge runs the entire month.
Make a card following the guidelines
and share through the Inlinkz.
If 25 cards are shared, ODBD will sponsor
one box of cards to be shipped to our heroes.
50 cards and ODBD will sponsor two boxes of cards !



After having made my first ever paper punch chickens
a couple of weeks ago, I decided to make a paper punch
cat and dog for this challenge ! 
I thought they might be cute to send home to a kiddo.


















Paper Punch cat supplies:
 card stock
ink and a sponge to rub on card stock edges
ink pens for details
wide oval punch - head
small heart (heart trio punch) - ears
5 Petal flower punch, trimmed - inside of ears
3/4"circle, trimmed - "cheeks" mouth area
tiny heart, trimmed - nose
1/4"circle - eyes
thin strips of hand cut paper - whiskers
hand drawn, hand cut body and tail


Word Bubbles die
Snap Stamps to make the word Meow
Hand made cloud stencil, ink and sponge for sky
Computer generated sentiment inside -
Cat talk for "I Love You!"

















 Paper Punch dog supplies:
 card stock
ink and a sponge to rub on card stock edges
ink pens for details
wide oval punch - head
small oval punch, folded over - ears
1"circle, trimmed - nose/mouth area
tiny heart, trimmed - nose
1/4"circle - eyes
hand drawn, hand cut body and tail



Word Bubbles die
Snap Stamps to make the word Woof 
Hand made cloud stencil, ink and sponge for sky

Computer generated sentiment inside -
Dog talk for "I Love You!"



Thanks for looking =) 

4 comments:

  1. These are just precious. Your thought right, these will be great to send home to the kiddos. Thanks for the supply list and tutorials. That really helps. I'll have to try these. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paper punched animals! They are just so adorable. Thanks for the tutorials - I've bookmarked your page so I can give this a try when I feel brave enough to give it a go. Thanks for sharing your techniques and fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. What a great technique! It would be fun to mass produce these cards assuming one could keep all those small pieces straight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so CUTE! Someone will love getting these! Now I'm off to check out the chicken!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)