Wednesday, March 25, 2015

1940 Ford Birthday Card





A family friend is celebrating his 75th birthday this month,
so I made him this custom card today.

I've used all of my Classic Convertibles and Classic Pickups 
rubber stamp images (retired from Stampin' Up!) at one time or another
over the years for his cards. This year I wanted to find a car image
from the year he was born, so hubby found this coloring page image
 online. I cleaned it up a bit then reduced it in size to 
make it fit on the card. I water colored it in with ink from ink pads
and an aquapainter. Chrome accents were created with a silver Signo gel pen.
Crystal Effects was used on the headlights and windows.
I masked off the edges of the paper with removable sticky notes
then sponged on ink to create the sky and asphalt. 
The blue was also sponged over a home made cloud stencil.
If you'd like to see a quick tutorial for a similar technique
that replicates black and white photos, check out my

The highway sign was created in Photoshop Elements.
I did a LOT of altering of a digital scrapbook journaling
embellishment to make this sign. Only the shape resembles
the original digital piece I started with. It's come in handy,
having used it twice so far since creating it in January. 
I used dimensionals to attach it to the card front. 

The Diamond Plate embossing folder is from Darice.

Image is attached with old photo mounts.



NOTE: the ink color changed on my card stock.
It started as a burgundy color and is now orange-y.
For some reason the white card stock my sister 
gave me as a gift at Christmas alters red ink colors drastically
(it is made by Georgia Pacific and she bought it at Sam's Club).
I normally would have stamped the image onto water color paper
so that the colors would have stayed true, but since this was an
image that had to be printed off of the computer, 
water color paper was too thick to run through the style of printer I own.

I came across this blog the other day,
so I'm going to enter my card into the challenge:

Challenge # 63 Transport
Any vehicle or form of transport is accepted, as long as it is suitable for a MALE person, 
regardless of age.

If you need inspiration for masculine cards, take a look around this blog !



I'll be sharing more automotive themed cards the next couple of days
that were all made to be donated to Operation Write Home
I have dozens of cards already made that need to be shared yet.......

Thanks for looking =) 

5 comments:

  1. So glad that you found us at Cardz 4 Guyz, your card is perfect for the challenge. What a lot of work has gone into making it completely personal to the recipient, I'm sure he's going to be absolutely delighted with it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly so glad you found us and thanks for the nice comment about us.
    I love your card as I am sure the recipient will. A wonderful clean masculine card. So pleased you shared with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the embossed background. Glad you found us!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Heather, love the design makes for a wonderful masculine card.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous way to celebrate a 75th Birthday

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)