Saturday, March 28, 2015

Angel Bunny Card - NBUS




NEW, unused Angel Bunny stamp set - from 1995 !!!!!!
Yes, that is correct, 
this stamp set was bought new in 1995 and never assembled, used. 
I am not the original purchaser of this stamp set.
 I came across it at a yard sale
two years ago and I STILL had not used it myself ! 
Until now.



I stumbled upon this blog challenge


while visiting another blog recently
and saw a link posted there.
 I just had to take part in it,
I have lots of new (old!), unused items myself.

So I whipped up this card for the challenge while
waiting for Crystal effects to dry on another, 
much larger project I am finishing for the challenge. 
Stop by tomorrow to see it.

The card will be donated to Operation Write Home

Image was water colored with ink from my ink pads
and an aquapainter.

Decorative papers are from an old paper stack by
Die Cuts With A View.
(I've never used paper from that stack, 
so this project is a two fer of new, unused items!)

The embossed, die cut eyelet borders are
actually pieces trimmed off of premade greeting cards.
I trimmed the eyelet edges off so the cards would be masculine,
turning the cards into Thank You cards for 95 Veterans
(I guess this card could be considered a three fer ,
using three old, unused items!)

Thanks for looking =) 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Heather this is just a darling design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card...Congratulations on using your NBUS! It's one of the reasons I like this challenge so much. It encourages me to look for all those unused stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello, Heather! Welcome you to the world of NBUS! I can tell that you are going to be a very dedicated member of our little group with this 'if that doesn't beat all' ancient NBUS stamp you brought to life here! Way to go!! Just think how happy that bunny fairy is! I adore the way you have showcased her!!

    It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! Don't forget to follow me on my side bar, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I see that you did join as a follower, Heather, thank you! I'm working to catch up with the commenting and introductions, but I see you there! Thank you!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)