Friday, March 27, 2015

Beep! Beep! Cards and Scrapbook Page



While making these fun cards to donate to 
I decided to make a quick scrapbook page, too ! 

The cards are blank inside so they can be used for any occasion.



The stamp set used is a really old one from Stampin' Up!, By Land.
It also includes a tractor and dump truck image. 

The car image was colored with water based markers since the
wheels and car body are on one stamp.
The first one I made I stamped twice,
once in blue and once in black,
then trimmed them out and glued them to the card front.
                                                             That was too much work !
A good scrubbing of the rubber and the marker ink
stuck well enough to come off onto the card stock
and leave a decent image. Most times I
have issues with blotchy stamped images when I try
coloring directly on the rubber with markers.

The chrome accents are colored with a silver Signo gel pen.

I sponged on a sky and asphalt
using a piece of scrap paper as a mask.

The stoplights were made with a new eraser end of a pencil
since there is no tiny circle stamp in the set. 

The black borders around the stamped pieces are
actually done with a wide chisel point permanent black marker,
not layers of card stock. 

I have a tiny dog stamp I may add to the front seat of the car
as I did with this dump truck card



I'm going to submit these projects to the 
Cardz4Guys challenge blog that I recently discovered.
Yes, I have already submitted two projects,
but entrants are allowed three submissions ;) 
I couldn't resist doing another since I've been on a roll
making cards for Operation Write Home and 
I do like making vehicle themed cards .
This time I went with car images suitable for 
 younger males. 



Any vehicle or form of transport is accepted,
 as long as it is suitable for a MALE person, 
regardless of age.  

If you struggle with masculine cards,
check out the cardz4Guyz blog full of inspiring ideas !

Click on Masculine on my sidebar, too,
to see dozens of projects I've made.
I enjoy making car themed cards and projects
since my family and friends are into classic cars.


Thanks for looking =) 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these cards! YES - use the tiny dog stamp! Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards and I absolutely love the scrapbook page! So great to tie the two photos together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and a Scrapbook page, well done. I do admire your charity donations. Thanks again for entering our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work, love the touch of chrome

    Thanks again for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine cards and scrapbook page. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Pat K (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute cards and scrapbook page - a great, fun design!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)