Monday, March 9, 2015

Cupcake Border Punch Card



This simple, cute birthday card uses part of a gift bag
for the background paper ! Seriously !

My daughter bought something from a store at the mall
and they gave her a glossy coated, pink striped gift bag
that had pink ribbon handles.
I never even knew she had it until I saw it in the trash
(a true recycling project!!!).
It was slightly crumpled, but parts were still useful.
I trimmed out the smoothest portions of the bag to
use on something, someday and the ribbon handles
were detached, stuck in with my ribbon scraps.

Over a year later I finally put a piece of that salvaged paper to use ! 


The tag is created from a tag topper punch that Stampin' Up! sold.

The rubber stamp is also from Stampin' Up! 
It says "Happy Birthday" in that same quirky style inside the card.

I found the cupcake border paper punch at a yard sale for $2.

The black layers are created by running a wide, chisel point
permanent black marker along the edges of the papers.

Organdy ribbon scraps.

I had enough scraps to make a few more of these to donate to
Operation Write Home!
 
 
 

Thanks for looking =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)