Saturday, March 14, 2015

OWH Sketch Challenge 250 - train card








Sketch Challenge #250  was posted today at Operation Write Home- 
along with a link to the pdf file containing all 250 sketches to date !


This card came together quickly, 
so I whipped up four of them 
to donate to Operation Write Home.

I've been working on cards for Operation Write Home
the past couple of weeks as time allows.
I started to fill a box last year, then life/other projects
 got in the way and I never finished filling it.
I'm determined to get it done - sooner rather than later!
No, it isn't necessary to send an entire box full of cards
at one time. Any amount at any time is fine, but I like
to put as many as I am able to in one shipment.
I'm slowly getting there !

I'll be sharing lots of cards I have made over the next month or so.




SUPPLIES:
Kraft, Vanilla and Espresso textured card stocks
Espresso ink
Hero Arts AC007 Past Times stamp set
Sizzix Tim Holtz embossing folder
Nestabilities circle dies
1/4"circle punch, gold card stock and Crystal Effects to
create faux brads


I left this card blank so it could be used for any number óf reasons.

There is a biplane stamp image in this set and
an airmail themed embossing folder that I will use to
make another set of four cards with this sketch.
Maybe I'll follow the sketch more closely on that one ;)
I'll share them tomorrow. 

Thanks for looking ! 

Be sure to check out the challenge page to
see the lovely inspiration card as well as
the InLinkz to the fantastic challenge participants cards.
The challenge is permanently open, make a card and share it !



5 comments:

  1. I love the train combined with the compass image embossed background. The distressing on the circle adds to the vintage nostalgia feel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. these are really neat cards. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the train and the embossed background - excellent use of the sketch and terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    These are wonderful masculine cards for OWH! Love that train image, and you did a great job with the sketch.

    Thanks so much for playing along with our OWH Sketch Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)