Monday, March 23, 2015

Red, White and Blue Challenge at OWH


is to make cards using the colors
red, white and blue!
Both of these cards will be donated to OWH.

Normally I would make a patriotic type card
with stars or flags, 
or use my favorite classic cars stamp sets,
but I wanted to try to make something different.


The first card I made, 
the Bugs and Kisses card,
certainly is different for me !
Red, white and blue, stars and stripes bugs !
Fun little saying I made with Snap Stamps
that I hope some little one will get a giggle out of. 


I've made blue jeans cards before,
so that isn't too different. 
I originally had red flowers I was going to attach
to the jeans as if they were appliques 
and have a tag that pulled out of the pocket.
 I decided against it, going with a more
"neutral" type of card that could be suitable for 
a boy or a girl, even a man or woman for that matter. 
It is blank inside so it could be used for any occasion.
I also decided to not use the removable tag in case there 
is a chance it may get lost. 








SUPPLIES from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise
Just Jeans background stamp
Paisley background stamp
Pocket Pals stamp set
White card stock
Real Red card stock
Buckaroo Blue ink
Real Red ink
Versamark ink pad and marker
gold embossing powder
copy paper, from my computer printer tray



Stamp the background stamp onto your card front then
reink and stamp the background stamp onto scrap card stock.
Stamp the pocket with Versamark ink, gold heat emboss, cut out.
Draw two rows of dashed lines (stitching) with a Versamarker and ruler
onto a thin strip of card stock.
Gold heat emboss.
Trim to make two belt loops.
Glue just the ends to the "jeans" so you can slide a "belt" underneath. 

Cut a triangle shaped piece of copy paper.
Stamp with the paisley stamp.
Crinkle and glue to the pocket.
TIP: fold the top edge over and slide into the pocket.

Cut a thin strip of card stock to fit under the belt loops.
Slide through and glue ends down.








SUPPLIES from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise
Bug Builders stamp set
Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Basic Black inks
Aquapainter
Brilliant Blue eyelet
Bakers Twine, dollar spot a Target
Snap Stamps alphabet
White card stock
Red scrap of card stock, unknown
Textured blue card stock, unknown



Thanks for looking =)

Take a moment to peruse the
created by others using red, white and blue.
Make and share one of your own, too ! 


1 comment:

  1. Now this is a fun pair of cards! Gotta love those bugs, but the pocket with the handkerchief is too stinkin' cute! Way to rock the patriotic colors in your own way!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)