Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sentiments Challenge at OWH




at Operation Write Home is
SENTIMENTS:
make cards using a sentiment as the main focus on the card.

Each month that they reach the goal of 50 entries,  
Our Daily Bread Designs donates up to two boxes of free shipping for our heroes:
 1 box for 25 cards posted and 2 boxes for 50 cards posted.



I don't have many sentiment rubber stamp images
that seemed large enough to fill the front of a card,
so I made my own !

I used Photoshop Elements and a couple of fonts
to type in this quote I found online.

I printed it out on white striped paper,
ran a chisel point black Sharpie marker along the edge,
and hot glued on two textured card stock paper punched hearts.

I sponged a burgundy ink along the edges
of the hearts then slightly bent the edges backward
to give them a bit of puffy dimension.

I had tied a piece of bakers twine into a tiny bow
and was going to glue it to the hearts,
then decided against it. It just didn't look quite right to me,
plus I had the thought that it may not hold up well
if the card gets shuffled around much by our heroes
as they are looking for the perfect card. I wouldn't want
the twine to fray or potentially pop off since it would
have such a small amount of glue (under the knot)
holding it on.






 Attempting to show the dimension I created





Here is the PNG word art file if you'd like it:





Please join the Sentiments challenge at
Operation Write Home !
THANKS FOR LOOKING  =)
Edited: I decided to go ahead and add the bow to one of the
four cards I made. I added Fray Check to the ends to help keep them
from fraying then attached it with clear Tacky glue,
hoping that will keep the knot in place, too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this sentiment and the elegant card you made. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sentiment! And I think the hearts look good either with or without the extra bow. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)