Monday, March 30, 2015

Winnie The Pooh Happy Birthday To You Card














My husband wanted to go to a flea market
this past weekend despite it being COLD outside.
I didn't really want to go, I don't need anything.
This small house has no more room for stuff,
no matter how much I like it, 
I rarely find things at them I'd want anyway
(the few I've been to are mostly overpriced junk
or antiques, vendors selling things I don't use).
.
Lo and behold, there was a basket of "grab bags"
at one of the booths. They contained stamps, sticker, misc.
I rooted through them all and picked out 5 bags
plus a large package of I wasn't sure what.
I could tell there was a stamp set and what I thought
might be paper. Hoping it was $20 well spent......

I got home and opened them all up to inspect them better.
Nearly every stamp has never been used
(random images, many were obviously part
of sets at one time ), some I may not use myself,
and every package of stickers was unopened. 

One contained two ink pads, 
another had three tiny paper punches.

The large package did have paper and
 a thin, non expandable 12x12 scrapbook.
Probably why it was never used. 
It would be good for digital scrapbook pages. 




One package in particular I grabbed right away:
it had two Winnie The Pooh rubber stamps
in it, never used ! 

I went right to work making a card with
the larger of the two.

I'll make a few more to donate to 
Operation Write Home.



I stamped the image with permanent black ink
onto white card stock then colored it in
with colored pencils.


I used and aquapainter and ink to watercolor the sky.

The decorative background paper is from the
Die Cuts With  A View paper stack I've not used
until the other day. 

The Happy Birthday banners are made with a stamp set from
Stampin' Up! and attached with a staple.
The next cards I make I'll stagger the blue banner just above
the gray one so it is read as happy, happy birthday.
It didn't even dawn on me to do that when I put this
one together until after it was completed.

I'm entering this as my third and final entry into the 




I still have dozens of cards I've made to donate to
Operation Write Home 
to share here on the blog ! I've been busy.



Thanks for looking =) 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have fun playing with all your new stash. Those Winnie the Pooh cards are just so cute!

    (I've left you a reply on my blog about the embossing folder I used. I think you may be able to get it in the US if that's where you live. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a great buy Heather..think I better start going to flea markets..love your winnie the pooh card..and thanks so much for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! really like that image!

    You hit the jackpot. What treasures you found!
    I went to a stamp show this past weekend and found some treasures too...
    but I have to confess that I spent more than $20.00

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - you got some great stuff! Love the coloring on the card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)