Friday, April 10, 2015

Classic Corvette Convertible Card









I've so many cards completed - and Easter projects I still haven't shared!- 
yet here I am creating and posting this card for the following three challenges:
Masculine ODBD Challenge at OperationWriteHome.org
Masculine CAS Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com
TLC258 - Cluster stamping at Splitcoaststampers.com

Things have gotten crazy at our house the past two weeks,
 not to mention major issues with our internet service 
(I think it is the piece of poo computer we bought earlier this year
 and have nothing but problems with...........) 
and on top of that, I twisted my ankle so I've not posted anything lately.
 I hope to post my many completed projects soon.

Anyway, on to the card:
All rubber stamp images used were from Stampin' Up!, but retired:
Classic Convertibles (Corvette)
Antique Autos (gas pump, RT 66 sign)
Highways and Byways background (map)
Square die
Paper piercing tool
sponge
various inks
water brush pen
silver Signo gel pen
scraps of paper to create masks












Die cut the shape you wish to use as your mask
from lightweight scrap paper.
Stamp images inside it.
(I stamped the car first then placed the square mask over it
to create the "out of the box" look).




I masked off the larger individual images so I could
stamp the background (map) stamp over them.





I lightly sponged gray ink over the edges of the mask.

Remove the mask and watercolor images.

Add piercing detail around the outer edge of the square.

My stamped panel is slightly smaller than the card front.
I ran the edge of a Shapie permanent ink marker
along the edges of the stamped panel
before adhering it to the card front. 





Thanks for looking =) 




EDITED TO ADD 4/12/2015:
I was notified that my card posted at 
was recognized as a

1 comment:

  1. Loved this card. Thank you for your love of stamping.
    Thank you;
    Maryetta

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)