Monday, May 18, 2015

Beautiful Baby Card










Oh, I am so happy with how this card turned out ! It was originally going to have all pink on it rather than any blue because the new mom to be was told she was having a girl. A bit later in the pregnancy, and after the shower that had to be rescheduled, she had an ultrasound for another reason and asked the technician to double check the baby's sex. That little stinker had been hiding his goods, it's a boy ! So I redid the card, changing out most of the pink for blue. I did leave a bit a of pink as a nod to the fact that they thought he was going to be a she - and strange things do happen, perhaps he really is a girl after all ;)

I like to try to make cards to color (or theme) coordinate with the occasion I am making them for if possible. I was able to visit with the mom to be a little bit one week before the baby shower and found out that she was being given a quilt with this "mosaic"design in it. All the colors were neutral, creams and tans. Now that she found out it is a boy, she may change her mind because this is what she was doing when it was a girl.

I used sketch challenge 253 at Operation Write Home as inspiration for the layout and in looking back through recent color challenges at Splitcoaststampers,com, it fits the color challenge 528: Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride.










Most supplies used were from Stampin' Up!

Kraft Coredinations card stock , sanded
Soft Sky, Very Vanilla and Kraft card stocks
Mosaic embossing folder
Scallop edge border punch
Hole punch
Circle Nestabilities die
Blushing Bride ruffled ribbon
My Memories Suite software for the custom, circular sentiment
Dimensionals







In order to make the round sentiment on the front, I used My Memories Suite software. I made three different text boxes on a transparent background. Two of boxes  were text wrapped by applying the CURVE feature. One was inside and one was outside the circle to make the text look the way it does, otherwise one of the words would be upside down. Each required rotation to fit the way I wanted. The third text box is for the word Baby and it is just a regular text box, centered. I sized the circular sentiment to fit one of my Nestabilities dies, printed and cut out. The easiest way to do this is to add a SHAPE and type in a CUSTOM size that is the same as the die, Layer your text boxes over the shape, using it as a mat to work on then once done, delete the shape leaving only the text. What's neat is, if you design a word art that you would like to reuse, save it as a PNG file on the transparent background then you can reuse it and resize it for other projects!

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card - hilarious story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise! At least they found out before everything was pink! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)