Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dollar Bill Baby Bootie













It is only fitting that I make a little something out of 
paper money for my cousin that I made the 
when she was married a couple of years ago.

I searched for instructions on how to fold 
a dollar bill into baby booties 
with not luck, other than some photos,
links to buying them already made and
even expired links.

So, I looked at one of the photos and 
after some manipulation of a scrap
piece of paper the size of a bill,
this is what I came up with.
Not nearly as cute as the photo I was looking at
(I could not figure out how to do the toes!),
but I think it will work just fine
 as a package "tie on" for the shower gift.

I used small pieces of clear tape to hold some
of the folds in place.
Regular curling gift wrap ribbon
was run through the fold at the
back of the booties then tied into a bow. 
The booties are attached to the top of the package
with clear packing tape. It is easily removable
without damaging the bills since it is not
super sticky. I attached them
just before the baby shower so as not to be
adhered to the package any longer than needed. 
 TIP: if your tape is too sticky,
stick it to your clothing a time or two 
so some of the stickiness is removed 
before attaching it to your project to
help keep it from sticking too firmly,
causing damage too the money once it's removed.


The package is wrapped in kraft paper
with a home made paper ribbon bow
to somewhat coordinate with the lovely, 
one of my favorite cards I've made this year,




I'm entering these dollar bill baby booties into the
Quirky Crafts
This is a challenge blog for any sort of crafts!



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute and look great on the gift!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)