Friday, May 8, 2015

MOM WOW Card





The Mother's Day card I made for my mom this year.
It took a bit of time, but it was worth it !

Every item used,
other than the oval die, 
came from Stampin' Up!
though most are now retired.

The color combination came from the 
Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry.


I used a Texturz plate for the dry embossed polka dots
on the orange background, 
a  die and embossing mat for the oval,
then heat embossed an Aida texture with 
clear embossing powder on the MOM letters.
Since I used embossing on this card,
I'll link it to the current Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge at
This particular card won't be going to OWH, though.
I have been slowly working on filling a box to donate
and have dozens of cards to share here still. 







I am disappointed in the way my printer
interprets the colors on my digital designs............
Below is the word art I designed,
however the colors printed nothing like I intended. 
I was going to mount this to a piece of Melon Mambo
before attaching it to the inside of the card,
but since the colors were so off, I did not.
 I could have used Crushed Curry
since the orange and pink did not match my card stocks. 


I should have chosen a different font,
or flipped and reversed the MOM text box,
so that it would create WOW
exactly the same. Mom isn't nearly
as nit picky as I am on the little details 
and probably won't notice ;) 


Thanks for looking 
and 
Happy Mother's Day weekend !

2 comments:

  1. This card turned out great! I love it. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Mother's Day card! Love the bold and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)