Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mustang Corral Digital Scrapbook Page - MMS Tutorial


EDITED TO ADD:
I guess I was wrong about the FIVES challenge, too ;)
Removing links since there is no challenge posted at ABAC.
I already had this tutorial written , so I will still share it.







This week at Anything But A Card Challenge Blog
is a "FIVES"  Challenge:
use FIVE in any number of ways for a project
that is not a card.
As stated at the ABAC blog:
The Fifth Sunday Challenge... "USE FIVE"!! Use the number 5 or five items, five colors, five words... what ever FIVE represents to you. 







I made a scrapbook page using photos 
of the five Mustang cars that we own.
I created a fence with five fence posts and
a cluster embellishment out of 
five separate pieces :)


I used My Memories Suite V6 software
and items from a kit that was available
in the previous version of the software,
Country Western.

To create the fence, add a rectangle Shape
and adjust the size. Paper fill with wood grain
paper in the kit, add a drop shadow, copy then
paste four times. Arrange and align them.
Add a piece of barbed wire from the embellishments in the kit.
Adjust the size (it is large), copy and paste three times
then align along the fence posts. 
Add a horseshoe embellishment.


The cluster uses five items in the digital 
Country Western kit:
leather tag, rope, horseshoes, flower
and wheat all adjusted in size and layered
with drop shadows added. 









FUN feature in the software that I don't use nearly enough:
Word Art creator !

I tried to make a chrome looking word art to resemble
the chrome name plate on some old models of Mustangs.



When you click Word Art, Add -
the word WORD ART pops up
as basic gradient filled text. 
You type in the box
what you want to say and
change the font. The drop down
options below will allow you to
change fill, bevel, etc. 

My project uses the default 
gray gradient fill, the default 
shadow and a bevel that I 
adjusted slightly. NOTE
that the bevels look different
on your saved files than they
do when you are working
on the project.
Then again, this may just be 
my computer........









Another fun and useful feature in the new version 
of My Memories Suite V6 software - 
the ability to crop embellishments ! 
You can also change the colors!

 When you click ADD EMBELLISHMENT,
a few editing options pop up on the Control Panel.
This is where you find the Crop feature. 
I used CROP to make this Wanted poster into a tag
to layer behind a photo for journaling. 



 This is what the Crop Embellishment Box looks like.
Your cursor changes to a little “plus” sign
when you are in the area of the embellishment
that can be cropped. Hold down the left mouse
button and drag it over the embellishment to 
highlight the area you wish to keep. It can be
adjusted by dragging the small bounding area
squares around the cropped area.
Once you are happy with the crop, click Okay.



Thanks for looking =)


2 comments:

  1. Great page! Who doesn't love a Mustang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fence at the bottom was a great touch! Had to smile at the 5 challenge! I totally forgot about it until I saw this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)