Saturday, May 30, 2015

Oak Tree Father's Day Card


What perfect timing for the new sketch challenge
I already knew what stamp set I was going to use
for a Father's Day card for my dad
and had a word art created to print inside of it.
It was just a matter of taking the time to
decide how I wanted to design a card with the 
oak tree image from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set.
This sketch posted today was perfect for the card 
I wanted to make!!!!!






Stamp sets were from Stampin' Up!
Lovely As A Tree
Woodgrain background
Teeny Tiny Wishes

Crumb Cake, Textured Early Espresso, Very Vanilla card stocks

various inks and an aquapainter to color the image

scoring board to create the embossed edge around the front panel

two antique copper brads

foam dimensional dots and a scrap of chipboard for dimension

oval Nestabilities die

I drug a Crumb Cake ink pad across the top of the 
woodgrain stamped piece and ran the edges of the
sentiment panel along the ink pad, too




Here is sketch #255 from OWH.
CLICK HERE to see all of the
sketches that have been posted.





Here is the word art I created using 
My Memories suite software.
Several text boxes, two fonts
then saved as a PNG file.



Just came across this challenge blog, 
 my card will be perfect to enter the
Masculine Card/Project Challenge


Thanks for looking =)

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! I don't have this set. I love the dimension you added

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully manly card! One of my favorite stamp sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love this stamp set and I never get tired of seeing cards made with set. This will be one that I case

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, What a gorgeous masculine card! Love the leaves and brads that you used to set off the sentiment panel. And your Word Art message is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge at Operation Write Home. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)