Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bleached Rose Card






The new Our Daily Bread Designs challenge at
Operation Write Home is


Although the sentiment isn't 
Missing You,
Thinking Of You is along the same line :)
This card will be sent to 
Operation Write Home.



I stamped the outline flower image onto a shade of blue card stock.
Using an old paintbrush, I carefully colored areas in with liquid bleach,
It's fun to experiment with on different colors of paper,
many times it changes to an unexpected color!
The die cut green leaves were also "painted" with bleach.

I trimmed along some of the rose petals with scissors
then bent them slightly for a bit of dimension.
Using pop dots / dimensionals under them helps hold 
them in place. 

I stamped then die cut the sentiment.
The Nestabilites die was then used as a stencil
to sponge ink over the die cut.
Paper pierce around the edge.

Top layer was run through an embossing folder,
edges inked then distressed by running the edges of
scissors along them. 


Thanks for looking =) 






2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I keep wanting to try this technique, but haven't managed to fit it in my schedule yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm allergic to bleach, I only can admire these cards from afar. Love the card. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)