Friday, June 12, 2015

OWH Finishing Strong


I received a neat postcard in the mail yesterday - 
letting me know that Operation Write Home
will be ceasing operations August 1st.
I was already aware of this bitterSWEET news and 
have been working on finishing off filling 
a box of card donations I started last year
(and never got sent off !!!).
I probably have 300 cards by now and the box is 
nearly overflowing, but I will continue to make
more cards as times allows through the early part of July.
Knowing this is the last time I will be donating
to such a wonderful organization,
I want to get in as many as I am able.
I, like so many others, will miss making cards
(and shopping for new supplies!)
 for our heroes to write home on, but am happy
to hear that so many are home now, there isn't 
as great a need for our cards. 
A big thank you to everyone that has been 
involved with this organization in one way or another
over the years !


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)