Sunday, July 5, 2015

Flood Digi Scrap Pages - Anything But A Card July Challenge






It's the first Sunday of July 
(already !??! the year is half over?)
which means it is time for a new challenge at
This months theme is 
Anything Goes !

With the recent record setting flood we had,
we are still flooding actually,
I decided to make digi scrap pages with 
some of the photos I took..

I haven't been hanging out in my craft dungeon much
anyway, other than to try to pack some things up
in case I needed to move them.
There were some other things going on
(you know how life is) the past month
that also kept me from crafting much of anything.

I did, however, take several photos during the flood.
The water has receded quite a bit,
but we are still in flood.
With more heavy rains on the way this week,
we may see a rise in the water levels again.
The rain, so long as it isn't too much to cause problems,
will be helpful in washing away the stinky remains


Photos and digital scrapbook software
on my laptop computer = 
my anything goes project
plus a mini tutorial !




I made a sort of paper punch digital page,
using Shapes (triangles) in the software that I altered
to make the sun rays. I paper filled them with a gingham 
patterned paper to match the circle sun.

The waves were an experiment that I am happy to say
turned out pretty well ! 
They are also made from punches (circles) in the software
as well as a large square, all of which were paper filled
to match. They were laid on top of the background paper.
See the graphic below







Thanks for looking and be sure to check the Anything But A Card blog each Sunday
for more inspiring ideas shared by the design team. Should you decide to join us,
be sure to read the few easy to follow rules posted here before creating and sharing your project.

1 comment:

  1. Heather... wow... this is so scary... sorry that your experiencing all the flooding... Hope you and your family will be safe... great tutorial !

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)