Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Fallen Limb - RIP, Dad





Things have been quiet here on my blog the past couple of weeks:
my Dad, who had been suffering from COPD for several years,
was admitted to the hospital mid month, passing away on the 21st. 

Although we've known he was having more bad days
these past few months, I did not expect it to be now, this month,
that we would be losing him. Sniffle.......
I had hoped that we would be able to take our annual fall drive to see
all of the beautiful colors along the limestone bluffs and river,
stopping for lunch at a favorite restaurant.
It also would have been wonderful to have one more holiday season with him
or for him to see my sons recently purchased car running and
to hear about my daughters possible new job.
Never enough time........
I know that I am fortunate to have had him as a Dad
these past 47 and 2/3 years :)





I made these two digital scrapbook pages
as part of my design team commitments at
and 
This is the final challenge
at Anything But A Card,
CELEBRATE!
My projects this month have come full circle,
starting with DVD folders for Newlyweds 
and New Babies, 
now Celebrating A Life scrapbook pages.............


The digital kit used is Laura Leigh.

I made my own word art to use
after seeing one online for sale - for $20!



True Story behind one of the pages and the quote I chose:

Half of one of my pear trees unexpectedly
broke off during severe storms the last night we had with Dad,
awake and talking. My first thought that morning when I saw the tree 
was along the line of 
"Half of my family tree is nearly gone, how fitting it should fall now."

I came across that word art quote while working on
editing a photo of him two days later. At the time it hadn't crossed my mind,
consciously at least, that it was perfectly fitting with half of the tree
having fallen at that time. 

I looked up the entire poem and will use it on another project, it is perfect:



The Fallen Limb
A limb has fallen from the family tree.
I keep hearing a voice that says, "Grieve not for me.
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song. 
The good life I lived while I was strong.
Continue my heritage, I'm counting on you. 
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through. 
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.
Continue traditions, no matter how small.
Go on with your life, don't worry about falls
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
Until the day comes we're together again.
Author Unknown









2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! What a beautiful tribute to your Dad. I lost my Dad 3 years ago and miss him terribly! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. The layout it perfect and the poem is more perfect. I will save it to look back on. Always remember those good days.
    HUGS my friend.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)