Saturday, August 1, 2015

Zoo Digi Kit

The first of the month is quite an active time for my blog now !
I design for House of Cards, JMC Designs and Anything But A Card and it just so happens that I need to have posts go live the first of the month for each. This is the second of three posts you'll see over 24 hours ;) There will be a little something for everyone that is into paper crafting: the card posted earlier, these scrapbook pages (okay, so they are digital but you can use them for paper crafted page inspiration) and a 3-D item later. It's been fun "working" so much this past month on design team duties and finishing off my final box of cards for Operation Write Home.

On to the scrap pages and kit!










There is a new adorable kit, sold in Bits N' Pieces, in the Scraps-N-Pieces store this month:
I See You by JMC Designs. It's a cute set perfect for scrapping trips to the zoo , but useful for many other fun digi projects as well ! Custom made party invites or one of the cute animals printed onto iron transfer paper to make a tshirt for a toddler are a couple of different ideas.
















I used My Memories Suite V6 software to create these pages.

There is a neat feature in the software that allows you
to change the colors of items !
Sure, for it can be done in Photoshop, but that program can be
intimidating for many people that want to learn digital scrapbooking.
My Memories Suite is easy and fun to use -
plus it comes with premade albums and content
as well as an ever expanding store with more content
added daily (some of which is  FREE!).
Lots of great promos by the designers, too.  

Enough of the "sales pitch", 
on to the tutorial to show you how easy it is to change colors.

I loved the tiger image in the I See You digi kit,
but could totally picture it as a grey kitty to use
on a scrapbook page of my cat, Hyla.
(I did not use it on the above sample to avoid 
any confusion since it was created to promote the kit).

Below are a couple of screen shots
that show you the steps I took to change the color.
What's really neat, you are not limited to just the
MMS color palette, you have several options to
choose your own color.
NOTE: the color will not be exact, 
but you can make it close to what you would like. 




I used one of the grays from the programs color palette
to make the orange tiger embellishment into a gray striped house cat
for use on another page  ! 









THANKS for looking =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)