Monday, September 28, 2015

Dad's Truck - Scrap Page



This is a scrapbook page I made in memory of my Dad who recently passed away 
and his show truck he spent several years making one of a kind.
The page was created to display in his truck along with a note about the truck.
I also displayed the hat he wore to many car shows.

I had a few hours to make this page last Thursday since it was decided that day
we would be driving his truck to a HUGE weekend long car show 
rather than taking one of our own classic vehicles.
We have gone to this event that celebrates America's Mother Road,
Route 66, every fall for the past several years.
My Dad was never able to attend due to his failing health. 
We left early Friday morning and arrived home late yesterday evening.
It was a bittersweet weekend for me, as you can imagine.............








DAD'S was die cut from lightweight chipboard with a die set
that I bought from Stampin' Up! years ago. 
The apostrophe was hand cut since the die set has none.
The edges of the die cuts were lightly inked.

TRUCK was stamped with the old Alphadots stamp set by Stampin' Up! 
with black ink on kraft card stock then paper punched out. 
Each letter is attached with a pop dot / dimensional. 








What do you think of my wheel and tire embellishment?
 Did you know that is what it was supposed to be ? 

I die cut a scalloped circle from black card stock then trimmed the scallops off .
I cut out the center of the circle, this makes the tire.
I've done this technique on several projects over the years.

I add die cut circles from silver card stock and hand cut pieces that are 
accented with ink pens to recreate the look of a wheel.
They are all glued into place then attached to the page
with pop dots / dimensionals. 

Three assorted scraps of ribbon and ric rac were hot glued into place.







A "gear" was die cut from silver card stock then lightly inked.
It is one of a set of four from Joy crafts that I bought at Joann.com
a couple of years ago. 

I hand cut the banner that was stamped with an image from 
a set sold by Stampin' Up ! ( I do not remember the name of it). 

Two of the photos are mounted with black corner photo mounts,
the other is matted onto textured black card stock and glued in place.

The decorative papers were all leftovers from a set I bought
years ago at Big Lots. I have no idea of the name or manufacturer.
If I looked back through my old posts, I may find it since it was used
to make some scrapbook pages of this truck for my parents years ago 
and I'm certain I shared them here on my blog. 









There is the page, sitting on the dash


I can't bring myself to say that it is "my" truck;
I probably never will. 
I have yet to drive it myself, much less bring it to my house.
He wanted me to have it, as does my Mom............... 
Sniffle. It's only been a month.




Thanks for looking =) 






I'd like to enter this page in the
and the
optional twist is to use your favorite technique.
I like to make masculine/car relatedprojects,
so coming up with the tire and wheel 
technique some time ago has been one of my favorite
(along with faux black and white photos!) .



EDITED October 4, 2015:
My page was the random winner at Scrapbook Blessing Club for September !

5 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss, Heather! You've created a wonderful page!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing memory! This truck is so cool and such a treasure since your dad worked on it himself. I lost my dad three years ago and I think of him every day in some small way. I hope that you are finding comfort in the memories and knowledge that he loved you very much. I love your handmade tire. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great manly scrapbook page. Thank for sharing with us at SBC.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on our random winner for the Scrapbook Blessings Club September Challenge. You made this challenge a huge success this month and we thank you. You can grab your winner button on the winners post.
    Our new challenge is up and running, hope to see you again.

    http://www.scrapbookblessingsclub.com/2015/10/september-challenge-winner.html

    Thank you,
    Sandy Hentzel and the SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! love all the elements :)

    Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Best of luck with your entry!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)