Friday, September 18, 2015

Hanging Heart - Remembrance Quote



This is hanging that I made for display at the
Celebration of Life for my Dad.





The heart shaped base is foam that the heads of small red 
carnation like flowers were pushed into.

I did not make the base portion, 
it is actually from a framed piece I bought 
on clearance after Valentine's Day years ago.
I ripped out the plain flower covered heart from the
rustic frame so I could use the frame. 
I knew one day I would find a use for that heart ! 

The ribbon for hanging is also repurposed from
something else and hot glued onto the back.

I made my own word art, printing it out onto 
white card stock then cutting it into a banner/flag shape.

The red rose was made with the spiral flower die
from Stampin' Up! and red card stock inked with burgundy ink.

The leaves were cut from Always Artichoke cardstock
with a flower paper punch, also from Stampin' Up!
The edges were inked.

The white flowers were made with another flower punch
from Stampin' Up! and lightly inked with Barely Banana.
 I placed yellow rhinestones in the middles.

All pieces were hot glued to the base after I curled them to my liking.
There is thin gold cord looped underneath the florals for extra detail.



   Thanks for looking







No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)