Tuesday, September 1, 2015

House Of Cards - Stitching




September First! 
Bring on the fall weather :)
It's also time for a new challenge at 
Stitching !
 Use real or faux stitching on your card creations
and share them with us before September 30th.
Please read the House Rules first.





This card is the first that I made for the challenge, and although I liked it, I wanted to do something different. Then life happened ................ those plans were soon forgotten.............

Things have been quiet on my blog (and in the craft dungeon) the past couple of weeks due to my dad being in the hospital then just recently passing away. I plan on visiting challenge entrants and fellow HOC team mates' blogs once I make it past the Celebration of Life we are planning for in two weeks. I have several projects to share yet, too. Slowly, but surely, getting back to my day to day life (and back to the craft dungeon eventually).




Card details:
Paper, card stocks, ink and rubber stamp image are from Stampin' Up!
"Crocheted ribbon", gifted to me and bought at Michael's
Sewing machine and thread
Scrap paper to sew the quilt pieces to (adhered in place first in the centers)
Coluzzzle Stampendous Crazy Quilt template
Double stick tape
Foam dimensionals/pop dots

This is a six inch square card, it required me making an envelope to fit and extra postage to mail.



Sewing and trim detail


I lightly sponged ink on the edges of each piece
before sewing it to the scrap paper


Back of  pieces sewn to scrap paper.
I used double stick tape to adhere it to the card base.


Template that I found at a yard sale
and used to create this card. 





Thanks for looking =) 
Be sure to visit the rest of the amazing cards
our design team has created for this challenge !!!
You have until September 30th submit your own creations. 



16 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. Sorry for your loss, take care of yourself and your family.
    Nice quilted card you made here. Like your colors and layout for it.

    Take care.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I am so sorry about your father. I cannot imagine how hard losing a parent must be. You are in my thoughts and prayers. <3

    Your card is totally AWESOME, friend! I LOVE the color combo, the great patterns you used, and that fabulous trim! Thank you so much for all your hard work at HOC--you are a treasure! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! Love the gorgeous pachtwork card and the flower ribbon you added!
    I'm so sorry to read these sad news from your Dad, Heather!
    Take care of you!
    Hugs, Rosi HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and amazing stitching Heather. So sorry about your loss, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! I love the patchwork quilt look of your card! The trim really adds to it! Prayers for you and your family on the loss of your Father. Hugs.
    Donna N
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your dad's passing; deepest condolences to you and your family; I love your card - the quilting theme which obviously incorporates stitches and carrying that through to actually sewing on your card. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, this is really beautiful. I LOVE the color combo, and your stitching is perfect. Great card!
    StephC
    HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! Your stitching has me green with envy. This is awesome sauce dearie! What an amazing design and detail. So terribly sorry to hear about your father. I can't inagine. Thoughts and blessings to your family. Hugz ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  9. You didn't need to make anything different! This is awesome! I am sorry for the loss of your dad. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss, Heather. Your card is gorgeous, and I love the template you used. TFS Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful--I love the "fabrics" you chose. Sorry about your father--will be thinking of you.

    Toni
    HOC DT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and I love how you put all these patterns together! It is perfect! My sympathies for the loss of your dad. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Take care!! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is gorgeous Heather! I love the papers you've used and your fabulous stitching, fantastic design! So sorry for the loss of your dad, sending hugs and prayers.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is just beautiful! I love all these pretty details. So sorry to hear about your family. My thoughts are with you all.
    Take care,
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear I just read I am really sorry for the loss of your dad,
    and you did made soo adorable quilting card
    lovely sewing lovely color of the DP and love that tiny flowers too
    this combo of yellow and grey on your card looks so feminin
    I adore this my teammate

    hugs, Monika (HOC TEAMIE)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is simply beautiful. I'm thinking of you and your family at this sad time, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)