Thursday, September 24, 2015

Mom's 70th Birthday Card


*I forgot to hit publish on this post*
This is the card I ended up making (after tossing around several ideas) for my Mom's 70th Birthday. It was a bittersweet birthday since Dad just passed away not quite two weeks before. There was no celebrating this year, in fact she didn't want to do anything, we didn't even have a cake. Having the water heater break, leaving a watery mess on the floor first thing that morning didn't help any........ She and I were able to spend some time together working out plans for Dad's Celebration of Life, though.

Moving on, the card is quite a mish mash of stuff, isn't it? I used fishing line to suspend the 70 from, had hoped they would float above the stamped panel more, but it didn't quite work as planned. If I had doubled up my dimensions to make the gap thicker, it would have worked better. I should have just removed the fishing line and glued the 70 to the background piece, the line, although clear, is still visible and a distraction.

Most supplies used were from Stampin' Up!, nearly all of which are no longer available.

Almost Amethyst card stock was run through an embossing folder (Fancy Fan?).

Eggplant Envy card stock was die cut with a large clear scalloped square die for the card base and a circle plus a scalloped circle Nestabilities die for the frame.

The 70 was die cut with my Cricut Create and Library Font cartridge. It was painted with metallic silver.

The Butterfly is a stamp image with matching paper punch from, Papillion Potpourri. I water colored it with ink from my ink pads then spritzed it with a home made shimmer spray.



The larger rolled flowers are simply paper punch circles of Vintage Violet card stock that I cut into spirals with scissors, rolled then hot glued into place on a small circle shaped scrap of paper. The top edges were decorated with clear drying glue and glitter.

The small white flowers are from the Flower Trio punch that I trimmed in between two of the petals and glued into place to create a bit of dimension. I water colored the centers, adding a rhinestones.

The leaves were cut from Old Olive card stock with a Sizzix Die, Little Leaves (? I think was the name) and I added a darker green water colored edge.

There are silver thread loops behind the flowers and clear rhinestones on each scallop of the card front base frame.

The small white tag is a paper punch , MOM is made with clear stamps from Technique Tuesday.
The Happy Birthday is a stamp from the Elegant Greetings set by Stampin' Up!


What a mess !!!!



Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)