Thursday, October 8, 2015

Triple Challenge Christmas Card





I should be making birthday cards
(I need three of them in the next week!),
but thought I'd look into card challenges instead.

Since I've not really
been in the craft dungeon/getting creative
much for over a month after Dad's passing, I thought
joining a challenge other than my design team duties
might help give me that little kick 
to get back to crafting more often. 

I searched for "Christmas Card Challenges"
since I may as well start thinking about
making some to send this year.
Retailers are already pushing holiday items:
I was in a discount store in mid September and
saw winter decor, Halloween decor and 
gardening supplies all in the same section!

My search turned up several sites.
I chose three of them near
the top of the search results and 
combined their challenges into one card :) 
They are listed below my card details.







I used a homemade shimmer mist spray on the
snowman and snowflakes.
I then added details to the snowman with markers
and white acrylic craft paint.
Clear rhinestones, two sizes, 
were added to the centers of the snowflakes.

The snowflakes are punched out of
Elegant Eggplant, Marvelous Magenta
and Orchid Opulence card stock from Stampin' Up!
The bottom, darkest, snowflake and snowman are
punches from Stampin' Up!
The top two lighter purple snowflake punches
are from Martha Stewart. 

Silver cord scrap for the bow.

Metallic silver card stock punched with a 1/4"circle punch
and adhered with hot glue to create the look of a door knob.








This photo was to try to show the sponging I did
along stencils to give the illusion of depth/detail on the door.
It doesn't show up well (the ink seems to have dried lighter
now that the card is completed so it doesn't show up as well
in the middle rectangular sections especially). 

The base of the card front (door) is Soft Sky from Stampin' Up!

The pink, printed ribbon was in a pack I bought from
Target (on clearance after the holidays) a few years ago. 








Here are the three challenges I combined:

Color Combo for challenge #44





October Sketch Challenge at






NO STAMPING of any kind 
for the October challenge at 




Thanks for looking =)


EDITED 10/12/2015 
My card was the overall weekly color challenge winner at Christmas Card Challenges !
So exciting !!!


10/15/2015
My card was chosen as an Honorable Mention at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown !



11/01/2015
My card was randomly chosen as the overall winner at Christmas Cards All Year Round !

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this fabulous card!! Fantastic wreath of snowflakes and the little snowman is adorable! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your wreath! Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges and good luck!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe création Heather, tu as multiplié les contraintes mais c'est une réussite, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this Christmas wreath is fabulous and I adore the cute little snowman charm. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Christmas wreath. Love the purple snowflakes and cute snowman. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, I love the fact that the card shape is a door and the Christmas wreath is gorgeous. Thank you very much for entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round (No Stamping) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)