Friday, October 16, 2015

WTF? Birthday Card


The first of my cousins is turning Fifty this month.
I made a special card for her mother to give her
(I'll share that one later) and a different one from myself.
I hope that she likes the card(s) I made her !
They are beautiful just like she is, both inside and out,
and this card has a sense of humor to it. 
Maybe it will bring a smile to her face :)








All supplies used were from Stampin'Up!,
though most are no longer available. 

The card base is a premade die cut circle that
they used to sell along with matching 
dark brown square envelopes.
Yes, they require extra postage to mail. 

The scallop circle has mini pearls that I added
along the edge.

I die cut a couple of circles of decorative paper
and card stock, used my sewing machine to stitch
around the edges then distressed the edge of the 
blush card stock. 

WTF? is die cut from chip board then again from
decorative paper that I glued to the top.
I had to print on scrap paper from a font on my computer, 
trace then hand cut the question mark since 
there are no punctuation dies in the set.

The sentiment was created on my computer,
Blenda script, then hand cut 
and mounted on decorative paper.
It is slightly bent and attached at each end
to give it a bit of dimension.












I totally forgot to take a photo of the inside 
(as well as the pretty envelope I made !)
once I added the pink ring die cut that I pierced,
so I tried to alter the before photo to give you an idea.
It really helped finish it off, there was just too much
white space on the top portion of the card.

The bottom has a scrap of pretty decorative paper, 
a paper punched blush ribbon with a thin scrap of
textured Espresso card stock on top. 










While looking for a holiday card challenge website recently,
I stumbled across a site that lists numerous challenges.
I skimmed through them and found the following challenges
to enter my card into. Visit each site for inspiring ideas:




(I've played along several times at their brother site,
Cardz4Guyz)


























I'm also submitting it to the WT553 challenge 
Make a shaped card (no squares or rectangles)
and use pink ! 





Thanks for looking :)




EDITED TO ADD:


My card was a winner at 4 Crafty Chicks - Pearls challenge   10/21/2015

It was a Top Three at Cardz4Galz    10/22/2015

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! And I love the way you have used the WTF letters, very clever! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shape great design and what a fabulous card..
    Thank you for sharing your card with us this month over at Cardz4Galz..
    Babs DT...X

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card. Very clever sentiment, totally made me double take. Bet your cousin will LOVE it. It’s just gorgeous hun. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Southern Girls this week. Love what you’ve done for the challenge. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this sentiment!! The circle card is perfect and so is the added touch of the pearls. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Pearls Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty florals and scallops, Heather ... fabulous with the bold polka dot sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday! Anita - Surprise Party Guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Fab sentiment and a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)