Wednesday, November 4, 2015

24th Bday Card Jeff Gordon Themed






Silly card I made for my daughters 24th birthday.
She was a Jeff Gordon fan many years ago.

I wanted to make an entire car shaped card, 
but decided it would be too much work
(I've made other shaped cards such as a pickup truck
in the past, they took too long to make). 
I wasn't sure she'd really appreciate it anyway
since she doesn't care for JG / racing any longer.

This is supposed to resemble a portion of the car.

It fits in a regular invitation A2 size envelope.

I cut strips of colored card stock 
as well as blue and red to create the painted stripes of the car.
They are all pieced together flat on a white card base.

The wheel and tire are made with punches and dies.
I trimmed the scallops off of a scalloped edge circle die
to create the tire (I've done this on a lot of projects for guys). 

A white Signo gel pen was used to write on the tire -
I forgot all about the tiny Just Rite Stampers I had
that may have worked !

The 24 was cut out with my old Cricut Create.
I didn't like the way the shadow feature lined up, 
so I cut the numbers from black card stock 
then went back in and painted yellow in the centers. 

Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)