Friday, November 6, 2015

Blue and White Tree Card



I whipped up this simple, pretty card to put in my stash
of Christmas cards for this year.
It was inspired by the new challenge at
CASE-ing Christmas, a lovely CAS card by Donna.

And since it features a tree, 
I am entering it into the new challenge at


Below is a closeup to try to show the shimmer:




How I made it:

I stamped the tree image from Lovely As A Tree by Stampin' Up!
with Versamark ink onto Glossy white card stock.

It was heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

It was cut out with an Oval Nestabilities die.

A Brocade Blue card stock mat was cut with a Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die.

I sponged Bashful Blue ink over the top of the embossed tree image.

The oval die cut tree image was glued to the Brocade Blue mat.
I then attached small rhinestones on each scallop.

Glue shimmery card stock to Brocade Blue card stock for the front.

Adhere a piece of red satin ribbon flat across the front, 
tucking the ends underneath for a more finished look

Attach the matted image on top of the card front,
 off center, with dimensional pop dots.

Tie a small bow and attach it with hot glue
to the top of the flat ribbon strip. 
I use Fray Check along the edges of my cut ribbon
to help keep the ends of the bows from fraying.

Thanks for looking =)




6 comments:

  1. Lovely elegant card. Thanks for joining CCAYR challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! So pretty with the soft blue inking, a beautiful CAS card! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love all of the details. Great take on Donna's card this month. So glad you shared with us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the soft coloring around the tree and fabulous POP of red in the bow! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! Wow I love your take on my card! That sponged tree is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your card is just beautiful! I love your gorgeous embossed tree and sponged background! SO happy you joined us at CASE-ing Christmas! XX

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)