Sunday, November 1, 2015

Stamped and Cut Window - House of Cards





The above card is a very special one I made for
one of my Aunts to give to her daughter,
the first of my cousins to turn 50.
My Aunt said she didn't care what I designed, 
but wanted me to put a big number 50 on it.
(See the fun card I made and gave to my cousin here)


I used the stamped and cut window technique,
this months featured challenge at 

We'd love to see what you create with this technique !
There is an instructional video posted to the challenge page.

Take a peek at all of the other fabulous creations the 
design team has come up with, such an inspiring team :









DETAILS ABOUT MY CARD:



The front panel was dry embossed onto Crumb Cake Coredinations card stock
then slightly scuffed with sandpaper. I used an embossing folder from the 
Paper Lace II set by Sizzix and hand cut around the edges. 
It is a large card, approximately 5" x  7".

The center ovals were cut with Nestabilities dies. 

I stamped and then water colored in the images around the 
edge of the vanilla oval with a portion of stamp and inks from Stampin' Up!

It is layered on Blushing Bride background.

The 50 was die cut from chipboard, painted pink with acrylic craft paint,
coated with a clear drying liquid glue then covered in 
a fine glitter by Martha Stewart crafts.

It is glued on top of the oval die cut.

Happiest Birthday was stamped on a scrap of drafting vellum
 then heat embossed and hand cut out into a long banner.
It is glued to the front just underneath the rolled paper roses. 





The blush pink rolled paper roses were made
by cutting a spiral into a large circle die cut piece.
I hot glued it to a base of a small circle of card stock.
The top edges are decorated with Stickles diamonds glitter glue.

The small cream flowers were made with a paper punch,
water colored in the centers then smooshed in my palm with 
an Empressor stylus to give them some dimension. 
Yellow rhinestones finished them off.

All of the flowers are adhered on top of 
Mint Melody card stock die cut into leaves and 
accented with mint ink. 

I added a small piece of twine, looped.






I mounted the top portion onto a piece of corrugated card board
that I cut to fit. I wanted to give it dimension and
have it be more sturdy than just several dimensional
pop dots scattered about the back. It worked well.

I hot glued some old mint colored lace ribbon from my
craft supplies stash between the two layers. 
I would used a blush pink instead if I had some
lace in that color. 






Thanks for looking =)

If you wish to play along with the Stamped and Cut Window technique at
House of Cards this month, be sure to read the House Rules first and
have your creations submitted by the 30th of November.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is fabulous! I am just in love with that lace border! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, nice card and I love howe you have framed the panel with the lace and that big 50 is the the cherry on the top.

    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and all the textures you used!
    Lilian HOC DTeamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, all I can say is WOW! What an amazing card!!! The texture and colors are gorgeous! I'm sure this will be a cherished card! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love the distressing and glitter and colors and just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather this is STUNNING
    why??
    I love all the texture on your card
    that embossing paper really want to touch it and the flower and the lace and the opening and the 50 inside it
    this is a very beautiful card for one who will turn 50 she will be happy to get this and this is special made by you
    great DT card
    see you on my DT post soon
    hugs, Monika (HOC Teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super stunning Heather, your cousin will treasure this card! Donna HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card! I love the texture, the colors and the huge 50! Just the perfect way to welcome someone to a new decade! I am sure your cousin is going to adore this card and possibly figure out a way to pay you back! jane HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather! This card is so gorgeous! I love the embossing and the beautiful lace all around the outside of the card. Have a great day!
    Donna N., HOC Teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, your card is gorgeous and I know your card will be very much appreciated. Love your rolled flowers and attention to detail! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so elegant! Beautiful job! :) Hugs!-Katy HOC Teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Heather! I just love all the texture and dimension you've created with every pretty detail! Those roses are amazing! So elegant and classy!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)