The above card is a very special one I made for
one of my Aunts to give to her daughter,
the first of my cousins to turn 50.
My Aunt said she didn't care what I designed,
but wanted me to put a big number 50 on it.
(See the fun card I made and gave to my cousin here)
I used the stamped and cut window technique,
this months featured challenge at
We'd love to see what you create with this technique !
There is an instructional video posted to the challenge page.
Take a peek at all of the other fabulous creations the
design team has come up with, such an inspiring team :
DETAILS ABOUT MY CARD:
The front panel was dry embossed onto Crumb Cake Coredinations card stock
then slightly scuffed with sandpaper. I used an embossing folder from the
Paper Lace II set by Sizzix and hand cut around the edges.
It is a large card, approximately 5" x 7".
The center ovals were cut with Nestabilities dies.
I stamped and then water colored in the images around the
edge of the vanilla oval with a portion of stamp and inks from Stampin' Up!
It is layered on Blushing Bride background.
The 50 was die cut from chipboard, painted pink with acrylic craft paint,
coated with a clear drying liquid glue then covered in
a fine glitter by Martha Stewart crafts.
It is glued on top of the oval die cut.
Happiest Birthday was stamped on a scrap of drafting vellum
then heat embossed and hand cut out into a long banner.
It is glued to the front just underneath the rolled paper roses.
The blush pink rolled paper roses were made
by cutting a spiral into a large circle die cut piece.
I hot glued it to a base of a small circle of card stock.
The top edges are decorated with Stickles diamonds glitter glue.
The small cream flowers were made with a paper punch,
water colored in the centers then smooshed in my palm with
an Empressor stylus to give them some dimension.
Yellow rhinestones finished them off.
All of the flowers are adhered on top of
Mint Melody card stock die cut into leaves and
accented with mint ink.
I added a small piece of twine, looped.
I mounted the top portion onto a piece of corrugated card board
that I cut to fit. I wanted to give it dimension and
have it be more sturdy than just several dimensional
pop dots scattered about the back. It worked well.
I hot glued some old mint colored lace ribbon from my
craft supplies stash between the two layers.
I would used a blush pink instead if I had some
lace in that color.
Thanks for looking =)
If you wish to play along with the Stamped and Cut Window technique at
House of Cards this month, be sure to read the House Rules first and
have your creations submitted by the 30th of November.